Hope everyone is enjoying their weeks! Have you seen the weather forecast? It is supposed to rain all next week!
With rain, comes allergies. Do you tend to notice that your allergies act up more when it rains?
If so, you may be suffering from a mold allergy. Mold allergies are generally not life threatening. However, they can impact your ability to lead a productive and comfortable daily life.
Here are a few tips to help you spot mold allergies.
The primary allergen in mold is the mold spore. Because these spores can eventually make their way into the air, they can also make their way into your nose. This triggers an allergic reaction. This mold has been linked to allergies and asthma.
Mold is a type of fungus that grows in moisture, either indoors or outdoors. While the mold spores constantly floating in the air can trigger reactions, the problem worsens when these spores attach to a wet surface and mold begins to grow.
You may have mold growing inside your house and not know it. This could happen for a variety of reasons, including:
- unknown leak from the roof or plumbing
- moisture buildup in a basement
- damp areas under a carpet that haven’t been noticed
Because mold grows year-round, mold allergies generally aren’t seasonal like other allergies. Although those who are allergic to mold typically do have more symptoms from midsummer to early fall, they can experience symptoms any time they’re exposed to mold spores, especially if they live in an area that tends to get a lot of rain.